Mobile & Smartphone Processing
Secure payment applications for Apple® and Android® devices
Full mobile capability is absolutely requisite for anyone running a business these days. The more mobile-capable you are, the easier your customers will find it to shop with you, and at the end of the day that’s all running a business is really about: Making your customers happy. Everything else is just the means to get there. Happy customers are truly the foundation, the backbone of any organization in any industry.
With Maverick’s mobile credit card processing solutions for Android, iPhone, and iPad, you can accept payments anywhere and truly improve ease of use and cost efficiency. Maverick offers secure payment applications for Apple® and Android® devices to process all major cards in a simple, fast, and economic environment over a cellular or Wifi connection.
How Does It Work? – Mobile card payments can work one of two ways. Either it’s the merchant using their phone, or it’s the customer.
With the former, you use the phone’s built-in hardware to scan a card. There have also been card readers that you can attach to a phone as an external device, but these aren’t as necessary with modern mobile devices. More and more phones and tablets are built with the requisite equipment to scan a card on the fly. This means that if you don’t have access to your card reader, you can simply pull your device out and scan the card. No punching numbers in, just scan the card.
The other way to scan through mobile is the form that is catching on more and more, allowing customers to swipe not their card, but their phone or another mobile device. It’s a bit like magic. You just wave your phone or tablet in front of the scanner and you’re all scanned.
And of course, it’s possible to transfer credit card information from the phone to phone. Mobile processing is sort of a broad category, it basically just means that someone is using a phone, tablet or another portable device in the exchange in one way or another. New technology may even bring wearables into the mix, with wristwatches you can use to make and receive payments with ease.
Mobility – Stay connected, accept credit card payments and increase sales no matter where your business takes you. This means that if you’re at a convention and you don’t have your scanner with you, you can pull out your phone and make a sale. Mobility means that you’re never away from your cash register, you can always make a sale. Now, you probably don’t want to spend every party talking up your products and services, but if you offer anything that doesn’t demand an in-person exchange of goods, then you are always ready to make a sale.
With our iProcess application made for Apple and Android devices, merchants can accept credit and debit card payments on their phone or tablet no matter what their location. This is especially useful for businesses that don’t have a single physical location. If you run a food truck, for instance, you need to be able to take payments on the go. This also means that you don’t need to do the whole follow-up, trying-to-get-ahold-of-you routine. Someone who’s ready to buy can lose interest if it takes two or three days before you can get back to them and make the transaction. They might get tired of waiting or go to your competitor. When you make a sale, you haven’t really made the sale until everything’s been scanned, charged and signed for. That’s hard to achieve when the best you can do in person is exchange phone numbers and get in touch two, three days or a week later.
- Geotag the location of the transaction on the receipt. This is useful for a number of reasons. Since a mobile transaction isn’t nailed down to a specific location like a conventional card reader, you need a way to keep it organized if, for instance, you have a server making a sale on their work tablet.
- Print or e-mail receipts. More and more, running a business demands to keep accurate records. There are merchants who have never even seen the product that they’re selling. So of course, printing and emailing receipts is an important part of the job.
- Capture digital signatures. Fast, safe and secure.
- PCI compliance. Failure to adhere to PCI protocol is one of the easiest ways to get into trouble as a merchant. There are a lot of rules and regulations to keep in mind. Or at least, there are if you don’t have someone else to worry about it for you. We’re that someone else, and we offer $100k in breach protection just in case something does go wrong.
- Add a tip to the total transaction, if necessary. It’s all about convenience. If your customer has to pay by credit card and then go digging around in their pockets for change to tip you with, they’ll probably skip the tip altogether because it’s just more work than it’s worth. So why not make it easy to do all in one go?
- Perform full or partial refunds from the Transaction History Log. Again, it all comes down to happy customers. Your buyers do not want to hear about how complicated it is to make a refund, they just want the refund. So this needs to be something that’s easy to do.
- Allow you to process both keyed and swipe transactions with our encrypted Swipe Solution. We’ll say it again: Happy customers. That’s the foundation of any successful business. Your customers want options, we give them options.
- No setup fee and one low monthly fee. You have a lot of options out there for processing mobile credit card payments, but the nickel and dime fees can really eat into your profits. We have a setup fee and a low monthly fee and that’s it, you’re good to go.
Beyond this, we also offer next day funding, because there’s nothing worse than having to wait for funds to go through. Business in the 2010’s moves pretty fast. You don’t have time to wait for the money to finish transferring, you have to make your move now. That’s why we offer next day funding for all Maverick users.
The technology keeps changing, the economy keeps changing, and you can’t keep up without making sure that you’re on top of all the new developments, and that means mobile. Wallets, laptops and paper money are fast becoming a thing of the past. “They don’t accept mobile payments, let’s go to the gas station across the street” is something people are saying more and more these days. Fortunately, staying up to date doesn’t have to be difficult. With the right tech, with the right apps, you can get ahead of the curve without having to restructure your whole business. It’s not just about keeping up, though, it’s also about, you guessed it: Happy customers.
The rapid advancements in mobile technology have allowed consumers to shop online and make payments via mobile wallet apps. Mobile & Smartphone credit card processing is now more accessible, convenient and secure. With Maverick’s advanced mobile merchant account solutions and card readers, merchants can accept major credit cards from their smartphone or tablet. Processing transactions using the iProcess mobile app can help to improve customer service and increase sales wherever your business takes you. For as long as you’ll have us, we hope to be your partner in payment processing for every step of the way